Sylvia is a warm and caring person who aims to help others feel at ease. Sylvia has had a wealth of life experience that has given her a first-hand understanding of the need for people to find balance and support in times of need by receiving compassionate counselling. She has a strong desire make a heartfelt contribution to those she counsels.
Sylvia is in her final year of completing a Master of Counselling degree and has a background in leadership and as a corporate adviser.
As a parent and carer herself with young children, Sylvia developed a keen interest in supporting children and families on the Autism spectrum as well those with additional needs and health challenges. Sylvia has a lived experience of the cultural adjustments and personal identity issues faced by immigrant and expatriate communities.
English, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Taiwanese
Areas of interest:
- Support and navigation of therapies for families of children with special needs
- Family-centred care for parents with sick and premature newborns
- Cultural adjustment for immigrant and expatriate families
Sylvia works with:
- Parenting and motherhood
- Mindfulness meditation
- Disability and special needs support for parents
- Families of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Self-care strategies
- Anxiety and Depression
- Stress management
- Relationship difficulties
- Grief and loss
- Career change and redundancy
- Work-life balance
Master of Counselling, Monash University (Final year)
Bachelor of Commerce