For some people, maintaining a healthy weight range is a constant struggle. You may be overweight or obese, battle with losing or maintaining weight loss, have distorted body image or have troublesome eating patterns.
All these issues have a negative impact on your health and wellbeing and can lead to feelings of depression, guilt and being ‘out of control’.
Symptoms of Weight Management Issues
Counselling can help with weight management if you:
- Are overweight or obese
- Have a tendency to ‘crash diet’ or not lose weight safely
- Struggle to maintain your weight loss
- See yourself as weighing more than you actually do
- Have troublesome eating patterns such as bingeing, restrictive dieting or purging.
- Have depression or low self-esteem as a result of your struggle with weight
- Achieving Your Weight Management Goals
Your Open Sky Psychology Psychologist can help support you in your weight management goals. Counselling can be effective in helping you learn ways to safely lose weight and maintain weight loss.
It can also assist you set realistic and achievable weight loss goals, develop skills to manage set backs or slip ups and learn how to develop a more positive self-esteem and body image.
Open Sky Psychology also provides counselling for Eating Disorders.
Call us on 1300 739 531 to make an appointment
- Phones answered Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 8pm, Saturdays 9-5pm
- After-hours appointments available weeknights to 8pm, Saturdays 9am to 4pm.
- Medicare and Private Health rebates can be processed at your session.
- For details on our psychologists, see Our Team.