Mathew has a diversity of experience treating psychiatric and functional problems affecting children, adolescents, adults, and the elderly. He has worked in major metropolitan psychology clinics and psychiatric hospital departments. Mathew has expertise in a range of evidence-based therapy styles, and takes an integrative and individualised approach to the treatment of mood and anxiety disorders. He works a combination of weekdays, after-hours and weekends.
- Addictions (gambling, alcohol, drugs, pornography)
- Anxiety, Social Phobia, Panic Disorder
- Depression and Stress
- Children – anxiety and behavioural difficulties
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Low Self-esteem / Perfectionism
- Chronic and Terminal Illness
- Trauma / Post-Traumatic Stress (PTSD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Grief and Loss
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleeping difficulties
Mathew has undergone specialised training in the assessment and treatment of addiction disorders at St. Vincent’s Hospital, and is currently working at the Centre for Addiction Medicine at Cumberland Hospital. He has also worked extensively with individuals experiencing significant life stress at Prince of Wales Hospital.
Mathew has a calm and thoughtful approach to therapy. He provides a supportive and respectful atmosphere for clients to explore their difficulties, reflect on their values, and pursue new directions.
- Master of Psychology (Clinical)
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- AMACPA (Associate Member, Australian Clinical Psychology Association)
- Registered Psychologist AHPRA
- Medicare Registered